Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Passion provides the fire in my belly for this journey

I had another sleep in this morning, as I left for my run at 6am. 5kms today which was a bit of a shock to the system to be only doing the 5 as I seemed to only get warmed up and it was time to turn for home. 
It's not until I do a small run like that, do I truly appreciate the mental toughness it takes to do the longer runs, like the one on Sunday of 34kms. I now have 2 big runs left before my Marathon, one this Sunday of 34km and the following Sunday of 30kms. I have to pinch myself to think it is so close now to the main event. My trainer calls it "The Big Kahuna". When I first heard that term I thought of the Maori Haka which I find an amazing thing to watch and feel. When the All Blacks do the Haka before a big match they say it does intimidate the opposition. Being a Kiwi I have always enjoyed the tribal stuff.
It's all about passion, isn't it. For anyone to be successful, I believe you have to have a passion, and that alone can carry you through. Passion for me provides the fire in my belly.

What about you? What are you passionate about?
Passion will make you BE GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment