Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Saturday, March 20, 2010

4 Weeks to my dream of Running The Boston Marathon

Wow!! 4 weeks to go, how exciting is that. Well, the journey is well and truly happening, and in my heart, I know the run is going to be one of the sweetest moments of my life, that will stay with me forever.
We have just come back from walking the dogs along the river. Lots of people out enjoying the balmy evening walking their dogs, and children playing. What a perfect time just to hang out and enjoy the pleasures of the birds in the trees, the calmness of the river, and the gentle breeze on my face. 
The dogs are so excited to be greeting other dogs, some times they resort to barking which is not always a good way to start a friendship.
Tomorrow I'm running 30kms so it will be an early night for me. I'm excited to be able to stretch myself with these long longs. They are as much about my head as they are about my body, in terms of the preparation I put in. Then when I'm actually running, both of these things work together in a very powerful way in order to make the distance firstly and to ensure my recovery is excellent.

What are you doing that is requiring you to put in some effort? After all, you get back what you put in.
BE GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment