Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Good memories are great for the heart

Easter is almost here and I was thinking about Good Friday. I remember how my Mum put  Hot Cross Buns in the oven for morning tea, and very soon the house would smell delicious. My brothers, sister, and my father would come from all over the house to eat them together, with great lashings of butter. Memories! They are great things that bring us together with one heart. Must be something about my age, as I seem to be doing quite a lot of reflecting about life growing up in New Zealand. 
The other thing that comes to mind very quickly, is saying the rosary every night before our dinner. 
My father was so strong about our Catholic faith. We would be in the dining room kneeling and leaning on a kitchen chair with our rosary beads in our hands. We all took turns in leading a decade of the rosary. 
As kids, we would forget whose turn it was to lead and we would have to check with one another during the day because it was not good to get to the moment to lead, and not know who was the leader for that particular night. Dad liked us to know where we were at.
Like I said memories are a very powerful thing. My best friend Mal was reminding me today that my run in the Boston Marathon would be with me for the rest of my life and I agree.

Whatever you are doing for Easter be safe and BE GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment