Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Strangers with generous hearts....

At 5.30am it sounded like the rain had finally stopped. I quickly leaped up to check if the rain was falling on the pool, and I was right, it had stopped if only momentarily. 15kms again today and I thought I was up for it and in fact excited by it. Would you believe at about the 4km mark the heavens opened and down it came, and all I could do was laugh. If you had seen me out in it, you would have thought "who is this silly bugger running in the rain" The downpour didn't last long, and I quite enjoyed it. I was happy with how my body handled the 15km.
Yesterday I received an invitation to run with "The Elite Runners Program" in Boston. I'm utterly thrilled to say yes to this invitation. This has come to me as a result of my good friend Brian introducing me to his good mate Paul at my fundraiser dinner. From that, Paul's brother in Boston contacted me and hence the invite. His name is John, and I also have a couple of other invites to parties, which of course I will be going to in Boston.
Life is interesting isn't it how it gives us what we need. People have such generous hearts. This man John even invited us to stay with him and his wife! All of this has put me in excitement mode. Perhaps I ought to start counting the nights of sleep like my friend on Facebook.

  Above all else BE GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment