Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Sunday, March 21, 2010

30kms Great morning to be alive and fit!

I awoke at 3.45am and the rain was pouring down. I went through my ritual of preparation as I told you about a few days ago. All the time I was willing the rain to stop. I ended up having a conversation with Jean about life and the universe while I waited on the rain to stop. Finally at 4.35am it stopped, and out I went, thrilled to be on the road. 
About a kilometre down the road, I came accross a very drunk young man, who I scared witless as I ran up behind him, struggling along in his bare feet. I felt sorry for him when I saw  the look on his face. 
I'm not sure if he knew where he was going, and I was not in the position to help him. I had a shower of rain about the 7km mark, and that one I really enjoyed. I do go on about the rain don't I, however, I can tell you that if you get very wet feet in the first few kilometres, it makes for a very uncomfortable run for the entire journey. The other thing about wet feet is once your soxs get wet you open yourself up for very sore feet for the next few days. 
One thing I am clear about is I need to do everything I can to look after my body, especially when I have a long run like today. 
It is now several hours since the completion of my 30kms, and I want to tell you all " I feel fantastic!"

What can you do to help make you and your life fantastic? Whatever that is BE GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment