Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Walking instead of running this morning with the rain pouring down!

I awoke at my usual time ready to run and the rain was still roaring down. I think it has been raining like this for at least 48hours.The house feels like it could float away. I waited a little while to see if the rain would ease and it did not. I made an executive decision to walk my 15kms today with my hiking boots on my compression gear and a hooded raincoat. I did not want to ruin a good pair of runners and risk getting a cold as it was extremly wet underfoot to put it mildly! I set off with water bottle in hand and a good sense of humor and plenty of attitude to get me through the wild wind and the rain thumping down. The walk took me a bit longer than me running it however it was fantastic thinking time for me. Also mission accomplished.
Even though I started a new job yesterday, I feel like I still have my back to the wall. 
As a friend on Facebook reminded me the other day, that there are in fact only 50 something sleeps to go to Boston, and that really frightened me from a financial perspective. 
To be completely honest, right now, I have half a tank of fuel and enough money in my pocket to buy myself 2 coffees. Never before have I been in this situation. The one thing that surprises me is I am not panicking. At some deep level I know that we will have the money to live while we are in Boston for that week. Once again I guess it is belief. Belief in the universe and me being in the right place at the right time and all will be well.
As I walked in the downpour this morning, I thought what a privledge it is to have a job. I have learnt over the last few weeks how much power money gives you. Second thing I have learnt is that the whole philosophy of  "Paying it Forward", needs to be given with the right intention, to avoid resentment. Third thing I have learnt is that the value of the fight or flight mechanism, in order for me to survive, is a wonderful gift.

Well this has been my longest blog and I'm told they are not suppose to be too long, however who cares this is what I wanted to write. BE GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment