Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

20kms today and what a beautiful morning to be up and active

20kms this morning and quite a tough run. Good to be up and doing it though, as the mornings are so beautiful at the moment. Everyone has been out mowing their lawns, after the days and days of rain and the smell is so wonderful first thing in the morning. 
Once again when I thought I was doing it tough, this morning on my run I did think of the Carer who may have been up 4 times during the night and continues to Care for their loved one 24/7.
This is a very powerful way to make my run seem very easy, let me tell you! 
Remember there are 257,000 people with Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia in Australia at present and one million Carers. Makes my fundraiser at one dollar per Carer seem quite pathetic.
So what can you do to help? who do you know someone who is a Carer? They are everywhere you know, you just don't know about them. Keep your ears and eyes open so you can support even if it is in spirit.

In all, you do today, BE GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment