Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Sunday, March 14, 2010

28 kms this morning and I feel fantastic!!

My alarm went at 3.45am and I was up and listening for the rain. 
All clear I thought. Silence reigned outside. Its quite a performance getting myself out the door ..drink my Chi3 and Jule, put my cream on my upper arms so I don't chafe. Put my compression gear on. Get my fuel belt on with my 4 bottles filled with great stuff to help me along my way. Get my iPod in my ears and in my pocket. It's a bit like a comedy act really. Sox and shoes on and finally I'm ready and twenty minutes have already passed. 
Today I was out the door at 4.05am having a little chuckle to myself about the carry on to be on the road and running. Straight away I felt the coolness, and immediately I noticed my spirits lifted, as I know I do much better when it's on the cool side.
I was early again to the meeting point with Katherine at the 20kms mark, and that made me feel very good as I know I have done well with my time. Once she arrived, I filled my bottles again, and off we went for the last 8kms. That last 8 seemed to go really fast this morning. 
Jean drove up to cheer us both on, and that put a smile on my face. The three of us are working as a fantastic team supporting each other.
What about you? who is your cheer squad? 

However big the challenge is there needs to be support to match, in order to carry out the task. 
What's your challenge for this week? BE GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment