Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Friday, March 12, 2010

17kms with the tropical rain smacking down on my face

17kms this morning. Katherine and I started out together and she was encouraging me to run faster which was really good for me. For someone who is allergic to mornings, she is certainly much brighter first thing. She is drinking the "Jule of the Orient", and I think it is making her more alive than ever. I have never seen her do this much exercise ever! 
Katherine left me after I had to make an emergency toilet break at the golf course, which is just one of those hazards of early morning running. The rain smacked down on my face several times today and I came home with very soggy shoes. One of the treats I give myself when I come home is to get into the pool to cool down, and my joints sure do appreciate that. I enjoyed today's swim as it was still raining and it was fun to be in the pool.
I had a letter yesterday from "That's Life" magazine and my interview and photos will be in next week's issue of their magazine. I must have got the dates mixed up last time. It will be a bit of a surprise when I see it, as it feels like ages since we did the interview over the phone.

What about you? What difference are you making in the world this week? BE GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment