Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

15kms today and time for a rest

The 15km run this morning was mostly dry in that it only rained for a very short period of time, and I found that quite refreshing. After swimming and cooling down, stretching, showering, and then breakfast, I  had a little nap as I was worn out this morning. 
It's not often I feel tired like I did this morning, and I know I am better just to go with the flow and rest. 
I endeavor to always be listening to my body, so I don't put it under too much stress. I'm up and about now and feel quite rested and ready for a day's work.
I've had a bit of a challenge with flying to Sydney on my way to Boston. I had booked to fly from Melbourne to Sydney as I thought I would be still working there. 
When I approached Qantas to change my flight to the Sunshine Coast to Sydney it was going to cost... wait for it $600 !! Can you believe that? I was gobsmacked, to say the least. So now I am flying to Melbourne (it's good because I get to see my friends) then to Sydney where I will meet up with Jean, and then we will be off to Boston. What a performance!
Some of you have had a few comments about my interview in "That's Life" magazine. 
Overall I thought it was a good article. I sure look different now when I look at that photo with Michelle after my first Melbourne half Marathon in October 2008.

Be sure and make today count! BE GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment