Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Fact Sheet from Alzheimer's Australia Vic

A fantastic morning for running so I really enjoyed my 10km. I do like being out early with the farm animals and fresh air.
This morning I wanted to share with you some facts...
There are currently around 257,000 people with dementia in Australia...and more than 1 million Australians caring for them.  Makes my goal of 1 million very small don't you think? 
That is One Dollar per carer which I think is pathetic !!!! Let me go on. Dementia is now the leading single cause of disability in older Australians (aged 65 years or older)
By mid-century, we will have 1.13 million Australians with Dementia.
Dementia is the fourth most common cause of death after Heart disease, stroke, and lung cancer.
Let me ask you then why would people not be giving donations to Alzheimer's in the droves? 
I don't get it! Is it the FEAR factor? Let's move through that together let's make giving to Alzheimer's a Sexy thing to do. Let's make it as sexy as giving to the Children's Hospital appeal. 

"If it is to be it is up to me." Take that on as if it is your own!  
Let's get moving Folks. The rest is up to you. Yes, I mean YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment