Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Another run in the rain this morning...

Up and at it by 5.30am and would you believe the rain was my friend again. 17km in the rain will only make me stronger! Also this morning I had a bit of a challenge with 2 beautiful Labradors. One golden, a female and a shiny black male They met me on the road and then I spent quite a few kilometres keeping them off the road and safe. Then I came across a farmhouse so I locked them in their front yard and when I was on my way back there they were waiting by the side of the road. They were so happy to see me again, jumping up and crying, so off we went in the rain together with me talking to them to keep them off the road. As it was Sunday there were not many cars on the road thank goodness. I have dropped them off to a very nice Vet here who will take care of them until tomorrow when he can ring the council and contact the owners. I felt a bit sad about leaving them. Once they got to the vet, they had lots of water and some porridge to sustain them for a few hours. In between all of this, I had time for a warm bath and a hearty breakfast. 
I heard last night at the Christmas party for Superfit gym that I had lost something like 59cm and 7.5kilo over the 12 weeks of the Boot Camp so that is very exciting. We were measured and weighed on Friday, however, I did not know the results until last night. So the bottom line is that Boot Camps work if you are wanting to be serious about your fitness. Look around in your area for one to participate in the New Year. Of course, if you are in Warragul then Superfit and Jodie is the way to go !! 

BE GREAT! AND SMILE

1 comment:

  1. Bo and Rex (as well as their owners) thank you so very much for caring for them and keeping them safe this morning. They are now home safe and sound looking a bit cheeky and tired after their adventure. Good luck Mary. Merry Christmas. from the Bateman family.

    ReplyDelete