Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Saturday, December 26, 2009

17 Weeks to go to My Dream Run of The Boston Marathon

5am start again today.  I was very pleased to be running as the frogs drove me crazy all night long.
 In the end, I could not wait to be up and out there.  The last 2 runs I have left my iPod at home so I could listen to the sounds of nature around me. This morning was very entertaining with the frogs still very happy, bush turkeys running around madly, and the rainbow Lorikeets sitting in the Palm trees singing a good morning song. I did, however, see a couple of very dead cane toads on the road. I even saw some people sitting in their back yard, on the outdoor chairs. It looked to me as though they had been there all night. The music was still on, although very low. 
To think all this happened before 6am maybe amazing to some of you. 
I ran my 5km, came home, fell into the pool, and did a few laps while the rain poured down. In fact, it hammered down on me. I'm sitting here in front of my laptop. The rain has stopped. Everything is very quiet. The frogs have stopped all their talking! 
What a wonderful time to reflect, and to consider what I am grateful for. What about you how are you feeling? Did you have the Christmas Day that you wanted or did you run around pleasing everyone else? I'm always amazed how so many miss the Essence of what could be a very restful day by racing around visiting people. 

Make today count, BE Great !

No comments:

Post a Comment