Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Friday, January 15, 2010

Remember 5th of February 7pm

Swimming is the training today, and it is a lovely morning to be alive and fit and well. 
Early this morning I met with Vivian, who is going to be speaking on the 5th of Feb at Brandy Creek Wines for our Big Fund Raiser. You know, what I love about being on this journey, is the wonderful people I am meeting from all walks of life. I am so touched by how these people are willing to put their hand up and be counted for Carers of Alzheimer's. In these early days of my Fund Raising I am finding it very important to stay focused on the goal of raising one million dollars. I'm learning a tremendous amount about how to approach individuals and companies to get behind this idea and embrace it like it is their own. Mostly my experience is that people are working hard on just doing what they are doing within their own life. What I mean is that it is up to us you and me to enlighten others to dig deep for the cause.
This week has been challenging for me, being away from home and my family again. It is during these times that I hold on to what is important to me.  What is important to me is who I love, and making a difference in the world.This is what keeps me excited and jumping out of bed everyday with newness in my heart. What about you ? What do you hold on to when the going gets tough ? 

I guess the bottom line is to be true to your self. Be authentic.

No comments:

Post a Comment