Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Sunday, January 17, 2010

After the darkness there is light....

My alarm went at 4.40am and it was very dark outside!! I thought, my goodness it is a bit scary out there.
What a beautiful morning. It was so peaceful, there was a real calmness in the air. 
I was on the road by about 5am. Once I was out in the dark in did not bother me so much. I think after being in Queensland last Sunday and experiencing 4.30am nearly light it was about just getting used to the difference. When I start early like that it seems to be always such an adventure. I never know what I am going to see when I am out and about. This morning it was the usual rabbits, cows, and some beautiful looking calves. Before I got onto the road and running though, I did surprise 2 women who looked like they were still at a  party. The house still had all the lights on, and they were sitting outside, one on the grass and the other in the driveway. They both looked up at me with such an amazed look that I started laughing. It took me back a few years when they could have been me.
The highlight of today's run for me was that I ran very strongly, and the hills seemed to come and go, which is the most exciting thing for me to feel.. I spent quite a bit of my 22kms, visualizing me in the Boston Marathon. It almost brought a tear to my eyes. 

Remember, whatever you dream, you can do... think about that

No comments:

Post a Comment