Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Saturday, January 23, 2010

13 Weeks to go to Running my Dream of the Boston Marathon.

What a day I have had walking the streets and to talk to people about my cause and the wonderful night at Brandy Creek Wines. I now have several flyers up on shop windows all over the place, which is fantastic! Then I went and bought a book, 50 Marathons in fifty days. I was so excited to get it I read some of it sitting in the shopping center car park. I only read a few pages and I am inspired.
It's amazing to me how the time is flying by. I started writing this blog with 26 weeks to go to my Marathon and now it is already 13 weeks and I will be in Boston. The other thing that is interesting is I have managed to write this blog every day, and I am so thrilled to be able to share my journey with so many big-hearted people. I have 24kms to run in the morning so I will be up at around 4.30am and as I write this I wonder what adventures I have awaiting me. Every run is unique and different and my experience is mostly enjoying and visualizing already being in Boston. Where I am in my thinking is very important to me as I start to run the longer runs. 

I believe I am only as good as my thinking. There is so much power in that and my thinking starts the moment my feet touch the floor. From that moment on I'm in the zone.
Now I'm off to bed, it's important that I'm well-rested. Where is your thinking at?

No comments:

Post a Comment