Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Darkness and the calm of the early morning...

24kms this morning. It was quite cool when I went out of the door at 4.50am, and very dark. 
There is such a calm in the air when I step outside to begin, it's wonderful, there is so much space to think. My thinking was clear today. Get out, get on the road and enjoy the experience and really tap into my strong body and allow the kilometres to unfold before me. That's exactly what happened. Everything just flowed. I knew where I was going and I just got on with it. I spent most of my time being in Boston in my mind and then I would catch myself somewhere else and I would quickly go back to it. 
My image is wonderful of what it will be like being in the Marathon, and I will stay with that until the real moment is with me. The darkness seemed to stay with me for more than an hour this morning. I love that moment just before the sun comes up . While I'm running, the sun is coming up behind me and the magic of it is quite exquisite. Then there is a real chill in the air just before the sun breaks over the horizon. I don't need to watch it as I feel it happening. If you have not been up for an early start, do it, and get up before the sun does and have the experience for yourself. Being in the flow with life makes everything that little bit easier don't you think? How is your flow? 

What do you need to do to be flowing with the river of life?
 Enjoy every moment of every day and remember to Breathe!

No comments:

Post a Comment