Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy Australia Day Everyone!!

What a gorgeous morning it is for Australia Day. The fog was low at 5.30am on the very burnt out looking hills with a cool breeze blowing my way. The feeling nearly took my breath away it was indeed a very exquisite morning to be out with nature and experiencing the day first hand. Then the sun started to emerge over the horizon, what a beautiful sight it was through the fog. 
Perfect day for running 10kms.
Just when I thought I was on my own on this country road, suddenly about 20 to 30 guys on push bikes came up behind me. I first knew they were there when I could hear the whirl of their wheels coming from behind. I turned my head to see what the noise was and they were right up there with me. Their little red rear lights flickering as they passed without a word. I watched as the red lights disappeared over the next hill. Then I was alone again on the road to Boston. When I say that I never really feel alone as I know someone else on the planet will be running and our hearts meet in some way. Running is such a spiritual experience in some ways as it gives me the opportunity to connect with nature, and fill my soul to the brim. 

What about you, what do you do to replenish your soul? It's important you know because the more in balance you are, the more you have available for others.. think about that. BE GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment