Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Saturday, January 2, 2010

16 Weeks to Go to my Dream to Run The Boston Marathon

A 4.15am start this morning. It was still dark, although the kookaburras were busy singing and welcoming me to the wonderful morning that awaited me. Fuel belt on with my 3 drinks on board, ipod on so I couldn't hear the noise of my breathing when the going gets tough. Unfortunately today I wore some new sox and they were not as good as my tried and trusted so my left foot is a bit sore now. No blister just a bit sore. Quite humid as well and my arms chaffed. That's what I get for carrying that extra weight on my arms. After my shower the coconut oil on to help the redness on the lower parts of my arms. 
17 kms this morning. One of the joys on my run this morning was watching some Pelicans. It was quite a sight as they flew over my head, and landed on the river below.
I was thinking this morning about the journey I am on and how important the journey is when you are in training for a particular goal. It really is all about the journey, and I intend to get as much out of this as possible. I notice I learn so much more every day I'm on it, or should I say in the experience of the journey. 

What about you? What's your journey? what are you learning about? What are you striving for? Think about that! Last thing "What are you prepared to do to get it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment