Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Be willing to change and it will take you any where your heart desires...

I was reading the local paper yesterday, and I saw the ad from Superfit (Jodie) and her new Boot Camp offers. It got me thinking about how many great opportunities there are out there to help get you fit or to support your staying fit. It's almost a no brainer really. Just get yourself into a program, start a good habit, and off you go. Sounds simple, doesn't it? All that is required from you is to be willing. Being willing will take you anywhere you want to go and has the power to change your life. 
Takes me back to 2006 when I was 110.6kilos, and the joke is that I thought back then that I was healthy! Coming back from a trip to Hawaii, Jean said she was sick of sitting in the middle seat in the plane between 2 big people. She asked me to sit in the middle seat and sure enough, someone big sat next to me. I was ok until they brought my food. Just try putting the tray down when your fat is in the way. Not a pretty sight, I can tell you! Just for the record, it is 8hrs from Hawaii to Sydney, and its a long way to sit uncomfortably in the middle seat. That was a pivotal moment for me. I have been working on getting fit and healthy since.
I have to say, starting the 12 week Boot Camp put me in another zone altogether. Maybe now I am taking myself serious about being healthy. I think I have done it in stages and these days I take more responsibility for what goes in my mouth. You may laugh, as it has taken me 55years to get it. 
I guess it doesn't matter when you get it, as long as you get it. 

What about you? Where are you at? Make today count!! BE GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment