Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Wet windy & 7km this morning

Here I am all set to go at 5.45am. I get out the door with my compression pants and short sleeve top on and down comes the rain...back inside long sleeve top on and my waterproof jacket with the sleeves out of it!
My usual practice of drinking my shot of Chi3Energy and 60mls of GoChi before leaving really helps my 54 yr old body get out there and get going !! 
Today as I run in the rain I think of all the things I am grateful for. The first thing that comes to mind is my friends at Kinglake West who survived the Black Sunday fires. Hope that they get some of this rain to fill their tanks as they continue to live in their portable homes.They are rebuilding their lives with such strength !! 
7km this morning and I feel such joy at being able to get out and enjoy the beauty that surrounds me. Thanks also to the followers of my blog especially my family and some very old friends from New Zealand. Thanks for your encouragement with my adventure !!! Of course to Jean who set this up for me so I could get on with the story.

My Purpose for running the Boston Marathon is two-fold. 
Firstly to realize a life long dream, and secondly to raise funds for Carers of people with Alzheimer's.. stay tuned. Soon you will be able to open your hearts and be able to give your support and $$ to those wonderful people. 

Today is a day to do great things. Go out there and be GREAT !!

No comments:

Post a Comment