Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Friday, November 27, 2009

Nearly 20 weeks to go !!! Boston here I come ...

The rain has been visiting us again so the gardens are looking ever so grateful for the tenderness the rain brings to them.
What can I say about Boot Camp this morning? Boxing inside the gym, which was a great opportunity to get a very good sweat up!  Then outside for some running and sprinting. Well, I do try to sprint however I'm not sure that is exactly what happens. 
This reminds me of a story of when I was running my Rotorua Marathon in May this year. I was at about the 32km mark, and heading towards a water station when a lovely young boy said to me "Water for a Walker". I looked at this young guy and said to him, "listen here. I may look like I'm walking however I'm running" The look on his face was priceless, it was good. It gave me something to giggle about for a little while down the road. When you are on the road like I was for 6 hrs, it is good to have a giggle. 
The other person who made me giggle that day was my sister who would pull up in her little yellow car alongside where I was running, jump out with her sign and flap it and yell "Go my sister". By the way, the sign also read "Go My Sister" She is such a full-hearted woman my sister !!


So that's the theme for today "Be Full Hearted in everything you do today "

No comments:

Post a Comment