Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Great Australian Run Very well organised !!

I've just arrived home after my 15km run this morning, The Great Australian Run. 
It was good to participate in a run that was so well organized. There was fruit available, bottled water, jelly babies, and some other bars. Also a very nice medal for round my neck which was a treat as I had forgotten about that.  
At the 5km mark when the heavens opened and showered us all with hard rain, especially when it was on my face, it was a bit challenging. The marshalls were in very high spirits and clapping and calling out and being very encouraging. We had the rain, the wind, and then the steamy hot weather at the end. 
Nothing like a bit of variety to keep me on the ball. 
I felt very strong and am very grateful for my body and my strength. My hip gave me a challenge around the 13km mark, however, I overcame that one. I think the Boot Camp has made me a much stronger person all round which is very pleasing! 
The other thing that was good about the run and the organizing was the great quality T/ Shirt. Royal blue with white writing. Thank you to everyone who participated today. One more thing, I didn't see Kathy Freeman. I did hear her name called out as we were lining up at the start so she was there. 


Hope that your weekend was fantastic.  
Make the most of each and every minute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment