Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Its a beautiful spring morning here in Gippsland

It's amazing to think about how excited I am to get up and do my training when my alarm goes off at 5.30am.  Today was 5km and it was a beautiful morning. The sun was streaming through the green spring trees, I just love it. I'm working on going faster and at nearly 55yrs that is sometimes challenging. Today I decided to turn up my iPod so I couldn't hear the noises I make. 
It's a bit like a very loud groa....n if you understand, and I think its best not to hear that and just get on with pushing myself! So, run hard to that tree then once I get there I straight away pick another tree and then so it goes on... Today I had my compression top on as well as my pants and let me tell you that shows every little lump and bump or should I say bulge in my body. Still, someone once told me "What other people think of me is none of my business" When I have the full set on its almost like running naked !! However, I feel great and I know that it holds my body firm as I am really pushing it at the moment. One day I will tell you about my very first experience of trying on Compression wear in a small change room and having a hot flush midstream very funny !!!
Chi3Energy and Gochi propel my day, and tonight I'm going to a boxing class just to keep me honest and to get that middle bit of bulge off my body. 

Whatever you do today make it good !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment