Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

New Runners coming my way Wahoo...

Remember I told you that a pair of my runners had worn out? I forgot to tell you what I do is alternate my runners so I can get the most out of them. Just in case you have started running, I think it's a good idea to do this. Would you believe a good friend wants to buy me a new pair to replace the pair that gave up the ghost!  
My sister sent me some money today to help with my airfare to Boston !!! WOW, Do you not think that I am feeling very grateful! You bet I am..
Yesterday I had the privilege of being a guest at a Dementia Carers support group. The support they get as carers is sooooo bad. If they are lucky they might get 13 hours support and up to 25 hours a week. Let me ask you how many hours total there are in a week. Answer is168 hours. How would you cope with this? Being there for the person you love 24/7. Yesterday I did not hear one complaint! I felt very humble just being with these people. With this uppermost in my mind, this morning I dived out of bed ready to take on my 8km run at 5.30am. Training for the Boston Marathon is easy compared with being a full-time Carer !! All of us just need to get out there and spread the word !!
Radiate your light, or should I say turn on the laser beam for Carers... 

SMILE, there is a lot of light in that!

No comments:

Post a Comment