Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm 55 today and going stronger than ever !!

Yes that's right, 5.30am out of bed and the day has begun! 
The magpies were really beautiful this morning, singing sweetly through my bedroom window. I could not help but get out there and join them.
Today is my Birthday. 
I'm 55 today and I'm healthy and fit with so much more to pack into my life. Marathons to run, money to raise, visit parts of the world I have not been to yet like Africa.. 
I went to my favorite coffee shop this morning and told them it was my birthday and yes I did get a long black on the house. Don't tell my trainer Michelle about the coffee as yes, she would prefer that I did not indulge in such things! However 1 a day is not too bad, is it? 
As I get closer to my Marathon day I will stop the coffee, I guess about 2 months before, as I want to get the most out of this wonderful body of mine.
This morning when I was running my 8 km the streets seemed to be full of people out walking, running, and enjoying the beautiful morning. I wonder where they were in the cold winter months? 
This time of the year is very inviting, isn't it?
If you have not started exercising, today is the day to start! 

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you are up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment