Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Sunday, November 8, 2009

23 Weeks to the Boston Marathon !!

Up and out of bed today at 5.15am. It was a glorious morning, so good to be alive and well !!
Left around 6am to go to Marysville as I thought for some reason the 10km started at 9am.. silly me it started at 11am... although because so many extra people turned up on the day to run, it held up the start so, in fact, we started at 11.25 ish.
When we arrived at Marysville this morning I was shocked to see the devastation with nothing much left after the Feb 7 fires... The theme for today's run, "United We Run" was perfect. It was wonderful to see people getting behind the town to support the rebuilding.

We stood waiting to start with the sun beating down on us which was not good !! I was well hydrated with my Gochi and Chi3 thank goodness and I had two bottles of electrolyte replacement on my belt.
 Yesterday I made a point of drinking at least 3 litres of water so I could face the heat of today.
The run was challenging in the heat and there seemed to be one hill after the other. Through the naked bush, you could see what was ahead. At one point I heard a collective groan as we turned a corner to see yet another climb. Once at the top alongside Stevensons Falls (which I did not recognize as the same place I had visited before) I had a drink of water and poured another cup of water over my head and on my face. Coming down the hill and reaching the 7km mark I felt so very strong, which delighted me on this very hot day.
Maybe the Boot Camp work is paying off !! It was good to see my 2 other friends coming up the hill and doing so well in the conditions and we cheered each other on and that always brings a smile to others running with us.
My heart went out to the Half Marathon, Marathon, and Ultra Marathon people today in the heat. 
I think next year it would be a good idea to start the runs early! Good work if you were one of those people. You are an inspiration to me !!
I finished the run and had a massage from an old friend Kay and that was excellent!
I must go home to bed as tomorrow is week 7 for Boot Camp...

Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment