Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Sunday, February 28, 2010

I'm blessed to run in such beauty!!

Sunday morning at 4am and what a beautiful morning to be out enjoying the new day! While it stayed dark it was quite cool, and I enjoyed that. Then came the sun, beating down on my back, and then I felt very hot. One of the challenges today was keeping the fluids up. I had 3 bottles on my belt however that was not nearly enough to keep me hydrated. I did have to venture into someone's garden to find the tap and steal a bit of water to fill up my bottles. It was good to see Katherine waiting for me at the 20km mark. We started running together however I did encourage her to keep running her pace and so she went off in front which was fine, and I could see her getting further away from me. It was a treat to see her running so strong. We met up again at her car and she had the cold protein shakes, and that went down very well I can tell you. Good food for our muscles.
The other treats for me this morning were seeing so many beautiful butterflies, and spending some time running by the river and hearing the sea in the distance roaring. I'm certainly blessed by such beauty around me.

What about you how are you blessed? Look around and checked it out I'm sure you are blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment