Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What you think you become!

I had another big day yesterday with the ongoing saga of my front tooth. A long time ago I broke my front tooth, I can't even remember how now. I had a crown on it and would you believe before Christmas my tooth decided it had done its job and became very loose. The short version of a long story is that yesterday I had it extracted. I am not good with the dentist at the best of times and to lose my front tooth is a bit horrifying for me. I now have a plate with a front tooth on it...OMG not what I would have liked however it is only a short term thing. Today I am talking with a bit of a lisp. With a bit of luck I will be speaking clearly by Friday night.. My point about all this is that as a young person, I use to dread the thought of dentists and having all my teeth out. I thought it would be my biggest nightmare. 
Given that I believe "What you think about is what you get", my lesson is to watch what I am thinking as I now know it is what you become. What's the saying if I had known back then, what I know now, I would be a much wiser woman!!
When I was running this morning I was laughing about all this and checking my thinking because it is so important to stay positive and clear in all my thinking. I am grateful for learning lessons.

What are you thinking? Are you getting what you are thinking? Remember to check your thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment