Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Saturday, February 20, 2010

9 Weeks to go to running my dream of the Boston Marathon

Very warm this morning, even at 4am, as I drove to the beach to start my 28km run. 
The sea looked calm and inviting from where I was. I didn't see any other runners until just before six am. Bikes, however, they were everywhere, screaming past me in their packs! I enjoyed the view as I ran along. Very refreshing after my rural early mornings. I ran one way for 14kms and then back traveling as close to the beach as I could. My body still feels strong, although I am not working as well as I could, which is a little disheartening for me. I did ok this morning, even though I did a bit of walking which I hate! Maybe my injury is still not fully healed.
It's hard to believe that I now have 9 weeks to go to realize my dream of running in the Boston Marathon. I started writing this at 26 weeks to go and that time seems to have just flown.
I'm feeling very tired tonight so I'm off to bed as I know I need my rest.
I hope that your day has been very good for you and that you made it count.
Take the time to be the best you can be! Over time you will be repaid over and over for giving 100% to your life.

  Guess what, YOU are worth it so go on give 100% and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment