Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Swimming to begin my day today

On my way home from swimming, and thought I would say hello to you all. The pool was quite packed this morning, and what a lovely morning it is. I have always loved to swim and doing the laps can be a bit of a mindless thing after awhile. I like to race against myself. I'm looking at what I have just written and have to laugh because some might say that about running long distances, that it is a mindless thing after awhile. When I am out running I feel the freedom in that, out in the elements, watching nature begin a new day, its such a beautiful part of life, to be able to observe the beginning. Or is it the beginning....
What about you? What do you do to reflect and sort through what's in your head?
In my reflection, I then turn to gratitude and run through in my mind what I am grateful for. 
I'm grateful for Jean, Katherine, Mal, and my many friends around the world that are supporting my journey. I'm grateful for a strong body and being able to do what I can for Carers of Alzheimer's.
Make the most of your day because at midnight the day is gone and you can not get it back no matter what you do. 

Smile! it does make people wonder what you are up to and it makes them Smile as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment