Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Monday, February 8, 2010

One million Carers in Australia one million dollars doesn't seem enough!

Beautiful Summer morning, and great to be alive and so well.
Boxing, first up this morning at Boot Camp. Working in the gym really gets my sweat working overtime. 
I just love how everyone comes in at 6am and we all get on with the job at hand. It's kinda cool really as I also know some other friends are also working out in the morning Boxing class 6am until 7am. If I take it even further and think of all the people working out in various parts of the world its one very exciting thought. One of the things they have found to be preventative in Alzheimer's research is people staying active as long as they can and drinking lots of water so I'm happy to keep doing both of those. I think it is time to remember that there are 257,000 sufferers of Alzheimer's and other forms of Dementia in Australia at the moment and one million carers. This puts my million dollars in perspective doesn't it, its a lousy one Dollar per person. Makes the million dollars look quite pathetic and certainly not enough money to go around. Still, I do know that every little bit helps, and now we can build from here. 
This weekend I have also been thinking of my friends who lost everything in the Black Saturday Bush fires a year ago including some beautiful people losing their lives. 

This is a wonderful time to be grateful for everything I have, and to be loved is a marvelous thing. 
Shine your light today!

No comments:

Post a Comment