Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Saturday, February 27, 2010

8 Weeks to running my Dream of the Boston Marathon

More rain today, however, it feels lovely to have such lush surroundings, with the birds being so busy.
Gosh, when I wrote 8 weeks to go to my Boston Marathon I got goosebumps all over. 
I've had this dream for so long now, 37 years, it's amazing to think it is going to happen.
This morning Katherine and I went to do a Boxing class early, just to keep us on our toes, and once again this class is not for the faint-hearted. Amazing to me there was no boxing as I know it (making contact), however, it was great upper bodywork and some fantastic core stuff which is what I am needing right now.
Yesterday I had a massage with a wonderful guy Clint. I have had a massage from him a few times before and he really knows his stuff.  I now feel very prepared for my 24kms early morning run tomorrow. My plan at the moment is to start at 4am. Katherine is getting right into the exercise, and so she will run the last 5kms with me which will be fantastic, and such a boost to have her join me at that stage.  She runs a little faster than me so it will be interesting to see if I can lift myself for that last 5 km with her pushing me along.

What about you? What have you done this week to challenge yourself? Remember, you know you are truly alive if you can feel that you are stretching yourself personally.
Keep Smiling as it does make people wonder what you are up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment