Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Monday, April 19, 2010

13 hours to my dream of Running The Boston Marathon

Counting down.....
My drinks are all prepared and sitting in a bucket of ice in my Hotel room...
My bottles of Chi3 ready to go...
My clothes are all laid out ready to put on...........
My socks and shoes with my timing tag attached are on the floor ready to step into......
My watch is sitting waiting...
My fuel belt is also laying on the floor...
Vaseline packed.....to prevent chaffing
iPod and earplugs... with a plastic bag attached just in case it rains.
I'm taking it with me however only to be used if I need a big kick in the butt. I want to drink in every moment and listen to every sound all the way through this awesome event in my life!!

As I sit here I can feel my heart pounding loudly in my chest with the excitement rising. 
As I write this, Boston is all go, and today the finishing line was in place and most of the barricades in bunches awaiting erection on the side of the road.
Today we drove the course with a busload of Marathon runners all visiting the course for the first time. 
It rained and then the sun even came out for a while.
The spring blossom is beautiful at the moment with huge magnolias in flower everywhere you look.

This is it!
Now get on with it!!
BE GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment