Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Sunday, April 11, 2010

8 days to go to my dream of Running The Boston Marathon

Out the door by 4.05am and I was surprised at how warm it was. I think I was a bit overdressed in my full compressions, however, I know that they are great support for my body when I wear them. 
I didn't do so well today with my 30kms, especially the last 10km as it was quite warm. This is the life of running some days are better than others. 
It does, however, help my confidence to know that my 34kms last week was fantastic and very strong. It's all character building for my future runs. In the big scheme of things, it's all part of my journey to Boston. Katherine met me at the 20kms mark and we ran together for a little while. She is getting stronger so was off out the front and then I lost sight of her.
Thought I would start packing my case today and be very organized for my big trip. I usually leave it until the day I leave, however, I am changing how I do some things and this is one of them.
It's going to be a lovely day today so we will take the dogs to the beach. I am looking forward to a swim in the surf. The dogs are so funny when we are all in the water they stand where only their feet get wet and watch us most of the time, waiting patiently for our return. 

Enjoy your day! BE GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment