Running My Dream, 114 Boston Marathon, April 19, 2010

Sunday, April 18, 2010

1 day to go to my dream of Running The Boston Marathon

Here I am in Boston. It has been raining most of the day and it is cold. The crowds are starting to gather here for the big event on Monday. It will take more than the cold and a bit of rain to dampen the spirits of the people that are here. The placards are up in the streets and the place is buzzing with excitement regarding the upcoming event.
This morning I went to collect my race number and the goodies pack that goes with it. I picked it up at the John Hancock Sports & Fitness Expo and there were thousands of people doing the same. 
If you are into gadgets then this is the place to spend your money. I restrained myself however, I did get a couple of momentoes. We spent several hours at the expo and we tried all the protein shakes and power bars etc that were on offer. Addidas gave you free sox if you tried on their shoes so we had a go at that as well. We had lots of laughs as we checked it all out.
Tonight we are off to dinner with a few elite runners who have completed the Boston Marathon several times. I am thrilled to have been invited, as I have not yet met the man who has invited us. He is the brother of a friend of mine from Melbourne. 
I have been fortunate over the years, to visit this wonderful country several times, and what I do know is that Americans are very generous and big-hearted.

BE GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment